The purpose of the Sustainable Land Development Invited Seminar Series is to provide students access to current topics, projects, and initiatives within sustainable development and design. By inviting industry professionals to also attend the seminar to receive professional development credit, students have the opportunity to learn and network with both from the speakers and the attendees. Featured speakers represent municipalities, designers, owners/developers, academics, and others focused on sustainable development and design.
In collaboration with the Land Development Design Initiative (LDDI), general meetings in the past have included keynote speakers from:
● U.S. Department of Energy
● U.S. Green Building Council
● Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure
● Urban Land Institute
● Virginia House of DelegatesU.S. Department of Energy
● Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
● Various Virginia and North Carolina municipalities
● The Eisen Group
The Fall 2021 Sustainable Land Development Seminar Series is held Fridays, 12:20 - 1:10 pm from August 27th to December 3rd. Here is the speakers announced for September. If you would like to attend please email Dr. Tripp Shealy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recordings of the seminars will be available and posted here.
● CEE 5254 Advanced Municipal Engineering
● CEE 5264 Advanced Sustainable Land Development
● CEE 5274 Land Development Design Projects
● Plan of Study
● Graduate forms for degree completion